O Site Oficial da Copa do Mundo de 2014

segunda-feira, janeiro 29, 2007

Roald Amundsen - sobre o conceito de sucesso

"At three in the afternoon a simultaneous 'Halt!' rang out from the drivers.

They had carefully examined their sledge-meters, and they all showed the full distance: our Pole by reckoning. The goal was reached, the journey ended.

I cannot say -- though I know it would sound much more effective -- that the object of my life was attained. That would be romancing rather too bare-facedly. I had better be honest and admit straight out that I have never known any man to be placed in such a diametrically opposite position to the goal of his desires as I was at that moment. The regions around the North Pole -- well, yes, the North Pole itself -- had attracted me from childhood, and here I was at the South Pole. Can anything more topsy-turvy be imagined?"